Within the perimeters of Rossmoor are four elementary schools, Lee, Hopkinson, Rossmoor and Weaver. Weaver is the only of these Blue Ribbon Schools that operates year round. They are all schools belonging to the highly-acclaimed Los Alamitos School District. The solid education students receive here has helped keep home values within the district strong.
A Little Los Alamitos / Rossmoor Trivia
The tree-lined streets, well-kept homes and first rate schools are reflected in Rossmoor’s selection as the No.1 suburb in California (and No. 9 nationwide) in a 2012 study by Coldwell Banker Realty. The evolution of Los Alamitos from cattle ranches and rough sugar beet factory town to World War II military town and ultimately into residential neighborhoods took a century. meanwhile the planned “walled city” of Rossmoor was created between 1955 and 1961.
The very first Claim Jumper restaurant opened in Los Alamitos in 1977. The location closed and is now Hof’s Hut.
Neverland Studios, a recording studio that was often used by Christian rock bands, was originally located in Los Alamitos.
Tilly’s had its original location in Los Alamitos.
Notable Residents and Natives
- Allison Mack, actress (famously known as “Chloe” from Smallville)
- Lynne Cox, long-distance swimmer
- Taryn Manning, actress
- Cathy Rigby, Olympic gymnast and actress
- Jodie Sweetin, actress (“Stephanie Tanner” from Full House)
- Aaron Barrett, musician
- Scott Klopfenstein, musician
- Jonathon Bolin, musician
- Kami Cotler, actress
- Tony Muser, former MLB player and manager
- Bob Lemon, baseball Hall of Famer as pitcher and manager, spent some years living in City Garden Acres (now Apartment Row) and attending Laurel Elementary
- J.T. Snow, American baseball player—attended Los Alamitos HS
- Robb Nen, American baseball player—attended Los Alamitos HS
- Jonathan Bornstein, soccer player for the USA National Team and Chivas USA
- Matt “Money” Smith, Fox Sports Radio talk show host
- Landry Fields, basketball player for the New York Knicks of the NBA—attended Los Alamitos HS.
- Chris Kluwe, punter for the Minnesota Vikings of the NFL—attended Los Alamitos HS
- Tim Carey, American football player—attended Los Alamitos HS.
- Matthew Morrison, American singer actor, (Broadway plays, Fox TV’s “Glee”) — attended Los Alamitos HS.
- Orlando Scandrick of the Dallas Cowboys
©2017 CRMLS. All rights reserved. Some listings on this website are from CRMLS as of November 24, 2017 3:27 PM PT The information being provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.